My Jam Jars arrived!
They were very quick. I only just ordered them over the weekend and Tada!
Here they are!
Unfortunately, I had rather too many jam jars arrive, as my order came with someone elses too! After a quick phone call, we decided that I can have the box collected tomorrow from my work and hopefully they will deliver my big wooden spoon too, they forgot to send!
I am now making marmalade - citrus marmalade is the recipe, with orange, grapefruit and lemon.
I found this lovely recipe on the internet.
900g of mixed fruits: oranges, grapefruit.
1. Wash and squeeze the fruit. Put all the pips, membranes in a muslin bag and cut the peel into thin strips. (I used scissors!)
2. Put it all in the big pan with 2.25 litres water
3. bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours, or until reduced half and peel is tender. Remove muslin bag, allow bag to cool and squeeze any liquid into pan.
4. add sugar and stir til dissolved over low heart. Bring to boil 15 mins, or until setting point is reached. (It will quickly from a skin when small amount is put on a cold plate.)
5. Remove from heat and skim off any scum. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and stir to distribute the peel evenly.
6. Put into sterilised jars, cover and seal. Serve with tea and toast!
My kitchen is smelling very citrusey as this is simmering. I will let you know how it all turns out!
I am going to put them in the lovely shaped jars and save the hexagonal shaped jars for my chutneys.